Basic Equipment for Office Cleaning
It is too easy to spend our time discussing the details and unusual situations, only to overlook the basic fundamentals. Sports coaches will tell their students to repeat their basics every time they practice. It is the same with cleaning. We cannot miss the basic tool of the trade, the basic practices, or the areas that need the most cleaning.
- Vacuum Cleaner – This is so essential to modern life that we shudder to think how society ever got by without such devices. Certainly, it would be difficult to have wall-to-wall carpeting without a vacuum.
Vacuums help keep carpets lasting longer, by removing deep-down grit that causes wear to the carpet fibers. carpet should be steam cleaned twice per year to get of the very deep down grit.
Soft brush attachments for vacuum cleaners allow easy cleaning of hard floors, with smaller brushes used for blinds, shelves, and furnishings.
One great advantage of using a vacuum cleaner is that the dust is collected, and not just stirred up into the surrounding atmosphere. A vacuum with a HEPA filt will even capture the very fine dust.
- Mop and Bucket – These have been used for centuries, but they remain useful for hard floors. Tile is easy to clean with a wet mop and bucket. Hardwood can be cleaned with a damp mop, though it helps to vacuum them first
- Microfibre Cloths – Unlike most cleaning equipment this is a fairly recent invention. It has spilled fibers of very fine material. These tiny fibers soak up a lot of liquid and also remove bacteria from most surfaces, so there is no need for detergent. These are one of the best options for cleaning glass.
- Broom – A cheap and effective way to clean a hard floor.
- Dustpan and Brush – Another simple device that remains useful. These can be used on hard floors (tiles, hardwood, vinyl) to clean up the pile of dirt, dust, and grime left by the broom. Sometimes a strip of tape can be used on the edge of the pan to make sure even the last bit of fine dust is collected.
- Sponges – This is an essential tool for hard surfaces in bathrooms and kitchens. With a little detergent or even vinegar, they will clean and disinfect most hard surfaces. A high-quality sponge will last longer than a cheaper alternative.
- Scrubbing Brush – There will always be areas in tile grout, in oven tops, in stoves and sinks that cannot simply be wiped clean. Some scrubbing with a brush is essential.
- Rubber Gloves – Lest we forget that cleaning means dealing with dirt and grime, and we don’t want this on ourselves. Nor do we want detergent or bleach on our skin, as this is rather harsh. Rubber gloves protect our hands from solvents and dirt.
Call us now for your Office Cleaning
Professional cleaning means the best possible work environment. Impress clients and encourage staff with an immaculate office.
We do office cleaning in Artarmon, Surry Hills, Chatswood, St Leonards, and all other suburbs of Sydney. Call us now at 0404 808 139.