Our interior walls, like the carpets and floors, will have a regular weekly cleaning and an occasional deep clean. Regular wall cleaning means a vacuum with a brush attachment, and maybe a wipe-down with a cloth and some mild detergent. We can give a more thorough cleaning with sugar soap. This might be done once or twice per year.
Sugar Soap Office Cleaning Darlinghurst
Sugar soap solution is a common method used for cleaning walls before repainting. It is very effective for removing grease and other containments on the interior walls, often clearing away trouble spots that aren’t easily visible. We can supplement this sugar soap cleaning with a stronger solution for any stubborn trouble spots.
Before you start:
- Cover or remove the furniture in the room, including computer equipment.
- Tape over any electrical outlets and switches. We don’t want liquid in electrical wiring.
- Remove dust from the walls with a vacuum, using the soft brush attachment.
Mix the sugar soap powder into a container of water. The correct amount will be shown on the packaging. You can use a spray bottle to this.
Wear goggles to protect your eyes, and either old clothes or some overalls to protect your body. Avoid getting sugar soap near your face.
Spray the sugar soap onto a small section of the wall, about 1 meter square. Leave it for 1 or 2 minutes, then wipe the area with a cloth or sponge. You might do this twice for any area that is especially dirty. It is often best to start with the top of the wall, and then clean the area below.
- Have a bucket of warm water and a sponge/cloth to wipe. Rinse the sponge/cloth after completing each section.
- Use a dry towel or a microfibre cloth to dry the wall after wiping. Check to see if any area needs further cleaning.
- Trouble spots on the walls – Office Cleaning Darlinghurst
Areas near kitchen equipment often have some stubborn grease. The worst place is behind the stove. There are some methods to deal with this.
- Apply a paste made of baking soda to any stubborn grease. Leave this for a few minutes and then wipe clean.
- Try spraying vinegar with baking soda. This will produce some fizz. Wait a few minutes and then wipe clean.
- De-Solve-It is a citrus-based cleaner available at hardware stores. Use this for stubborn grease and stains. It has a strong smell, but should not harm painted surfaces.
- Kerosene is a strong solvent. Use this as a last resort. Ventilate the area because the smell is strong and toxic. Then wash the area thoroughly with water.
Office Cleaning Darlinghurst
Clean offices are a pleasure to work in, and they impress clients. Have a regular professional to look after your company’s facilities.
The content of this article is meant for informational purposes only and should not be considered a source of professional advice, recommendations, or endorsements. It is not a substitute for seeking expert guidance or making well-informed decisions based on individual circumstances. Although we strive for accuracy and reliability, we cannot guarantee the information's completeness or suitability for all situations. Readers are urged to verify facts, consult experts, and consider their own context before taking actions or decisions based on this content. No warranties, explicit or implied, are provided regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the presented information. Relying on this information is at the reader's own discretion and risk. We encourage readers to consult relevant professionals or experts for advice tailored to their specific needs. Neither the author, publisher, nor any affiliated parties will be held responsible for errors, omissions, or damages resulting from the use or reliance on the information in this article.